Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Goodbye Raphael!

We awoke before sunrise one last time to head south together. Raphael has a plane to catch in Windhoek in order to continue his round-the-world journey - Ghana and then Cameroon are next on the docket.

This has been a fabulous partnership! We joked about me writing him a letter of reference for use when meeting future travel partners. I should do it. He really opened up Namibia for me, and also taught me a lot about travel, photography, business and investment strategy, and a bit about third-world economics. The breadth of topics which he could talk deeply about was really quite impressive. It seems that the timing may work out for us to meet again in Uganda this April! Wouldn't that be swell.

I need to get to a better staging ground to jump into one of two Northern regions in Namibia: Owambo Region (Ondangwa), or Kavanga Region (Rundu). Raphael dumped me in Otjiwarongo, on the main highway heading into both regions.


Edit: Raphael has published some of the pictures he took here. We saw the same things, but he had the ability to make it look a lot prettier. My favourites: 1 2 3 4 5.

2 comments:

  1. Raphael - like the archangel - appearing and disappearing - making pink stew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - he makes the food sound really better than it was!

    ReplyDelete