Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Heading North - Swakopmund to Etosha

Rapheal has a car and has invited me to join him for the Namibian leg of his journey. We'll drive along the coastline to Cape Cross, then cut inland to the "Matterhorn of Namibia" at Spitzkoppe, head to the Waterburg Plateau, and then to Nambia's largest game park at Etosha. Six days in total, then Rapheal has to head back to Windhoek for a flight into West Africa.

After a second language lesson, I can sorta kinda hear and produce the four distinct clicking sounds required to speak Khoekhoe (KWAY-kweh-ko-AB), the language of the Damara. As soon as I can roll my Rs and hork flem, I'll have all the prerequisites.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kenny

    where are you now? I was getting used to you writing every day. We imagine you climbing the jebels at Spitzkoppe - horking and clicking as yu go.

    I just saw Drew off to thompson - SUnday am. HE drove the 780 km straight north without a hitch. LEaves for Lynn LAKe on the ice road this week some time.

    You guys sure go to extremes!

    Waiting for your next post

    yo momma and dad

    ReplyDelete